Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reasons I'm Excited for '09

As I sit here watching the Rose Bowl on the first day of 2009, I am fairly confident that no previous year will bring as much change to my life as this year. I say this knowing that in 2007 Kelly and I moved from our longtime home of Colorado to Southern California. In 2002 I married the love of my life (a great and a drastic life change). But, I'm not sure that any of them will rival 2009. In 2009 we will welcome our first child into the world. From what I hear, my life will never be the same. I can't wait! That's the #1 thing that I am excited about for '09.

Other things seem to pale in comparison, but I'll throw out a few other things that I'm looking forward to:
  • Seeing The Well go to the next level. I'm excited to focus my time this year on equipping student leaders and helping students connect with each other. We are going to make an impact on campuses in '09!
  • Running a marathon. 2009 is the year that I am going to run a marathon. May 31st baby!
  • Finish my MDIV at Seminary. It's going to be a heck of a push, but I'm going to give it my best.
I don't think I have ever been this excited for a New Year. Bring it on 2009. Bring it on!

No comments: