Monday, February 9, 2009

The Beauty of Sleep Deprivation!

As many of you know my wife gave birth to our first child on Friday January 30th! We are adjusting to being parents pretty well I think. When people tell you that life is going to change, they really mean it. Everything seems to be different; the way I look at the world, the way I pray, the way I think about God, etc. It really transforms a lot of things... in a good way!

The most popular question that people seem to as is, "Are you getting any sleep?" I'm not sure if its because I look tired or because most people with newborns don't get a lot of sleep. As I reflect on the question, yes, I am getting less sleep! However I can't think of anything that I would rather have interrupt my sleep than hearing Ethan's cry. As I begin on this journey of becoming a parent, even sleep deprivation is a beautiful thing! I'm not totally sure it will always be that way, but right now I will revel in the newness of it all, the beauty of it all, the blessing of it all, and enjoy even the lack of sleep! (spoken like a new parent I'm sure! :)


3 comments:

Angela Ehlke said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I hope everything continues to go well! I can't wait till i get to see him. He is beautiful and since he was born to you and Kelly he is going to be beautiful on the inside too just like you guys! I love you and miss you both.

Rachel L. said...

Awesome! So happy for you guys!!! Keep up that positive attitude about lack of sleep! ;)

Dom said...

yay!