Thursday, January 24, 2008

lost enough


I was reminded of a line from a Rich Mullins song the other day. He wrote, “I’m not sure where you’re leading me, unless you’ve lead me here, where I’m lost enough to let myself be led.” I have realized lately that I love to have control of the reins. I know all the rhetoric and the verbiage to make it seem like I really trust God, but when the rubber hit the road I wanted to do everything myself. For me it took getting to the place of being lost to know that I needed to be led.

I have heard it said that we often see God’s hand leaving - not coming. It’s so true for me. I want to grow in this area and get to the point where I am sensitive to His Spirit and sense it’s leading… without having to be lost.

But, if that’s you today… if you are lost, maybe it’s a gift. Push in.

1 comment:

WorshipNotes said...

That's a terrific song lyric. I'd love to know what song that's from. Nobody wants to be lost, but if we know exactly where we are and where we're going then there's not much point in God leading us... or, maybe if we let God lead even in the good times, then we can avoid getting lost in the first place. There is definitely a tension there.