Thursday, January 31, 2008

sweet spot

I'm not a huge Max Lucado fan, but he wrote a book recently where he described living life for the reason you were created as, "your sweet spot." Well, I am so elated to say that I really think that I am in my sweet spot. I love my job. I love journeying with college students, encouraging them, teaching them, and walking through the questions and disappointments with them. Here are just a few things that I love about my job.
  • The people. I get to work with great people and we fun together. What a huge blessing.
  • I love the mission that we have - to help college students find and follow Jesus Christ. Our desire is to introduce people to the beauty, truth, meaning, and community found in Jesus. The more I have though about, the more I am convinced that there is nothing else that I would want to dedicate my life to.
  • God is working in my heart through the calling that he has given me. I am growing as a person, as a pastor, as a husband, etc. God is growing me right now at a rate that has been unprecedented for me for a long time.
God takes us through seasons in life. Sometimes it feels like we are walking in the darkness, and sometimes it feels like your standing on the top of a mountain surveying all God's beauty. Lord, thank you for a time of refreshing. Thanks for the perspective from the mountaintop... may I not forget it when I am in the valley.

2 comments:

WorshipNotes said...

It's great to see you feel like you are in the right place! Lots of people can't say that about their career, or even their ministry. Enjoy that feeling, and praise God!

Promise Seekers said...

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your call to the College Ministry. Isn't it great to know your purpose and have the Lord use you where He has called you and to use your talents and abilities?

We still miss you here at New life. You especially had a huge impact on Chaise. Thanks for your dedicated service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God richest blessings, dude.